Sunday, August 30, 2015

Humble Beginnings

As I step into this new world, I take some time to learn the updated game mechanics.
Like before, you can chip stones from boulders. Character animations and sound effects have been added for activities like this.
Crafting is still a key part of the game. Here, I make myself a Stone Axe from a branch and a stone.
Looks like you can gain Experience points from achieving certain tasks, such as stepping into shallow water for the first time.
Experience points are separate from Learning points. Studying now requires both types of points.
Learning lore and skills is also a key part of the game. I recommend learning Foraging, Hunting and Lumberjacking as soon as you can.
Skills that can be improved incrementally are now called Abilities. The Study Report is in this page as well.
While definitely more polished than the previous versions, I often find myself worrying about my remaining play time. I like the game, but I can't say that it is worth the rates they are currently charging. Haven and Hearth is still in "Eternal Alpha", after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment